Facilities Planning, Design and Construction (FPDC) resides within the Physical Plant Administration Building at 151-2 Sessom Drive, room #104.
FPDC is responsible for managing the planning, budgeting, scheduling, programming, design and construction of all new and renovation projects related to Texas State University facilities.
Visit our documents and reports pages to find the latest standards, forms, reports and guidelines.
Capital Projects Group is responsible for construction (new and renovation) projects which generally exceed $1,000,000 in scope and budget, employ the services of a design consultant (Architect or Engineer), require approval of the Board of Regents, and depending on scope, approval of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Special Projects Group is responsible for mostly renovation, remodeling and special projects which generally are under $1,000,000 in scope and budget. This team employs the assistance of Architects and Engineers on a limited basis. Various construction delivery methods are utilized, including Job Order Contracting (JOC).
The Texas State University CAD Office and Plan Room resides within the Physical Plant Administration Building at 151-2 Sessom Drive, room #134. Here are some of the tasks of the CAD Office:
- Provide CAD managing services for departments within the facilities operations and construction on campus.
- Provide complete mapping and GIS for maintenance and construction tasks on university properties.
- Provide rendering and artists’ concepts to assist in university planning, design, and construction projects.
- Provide complete CAD files for architects and engineers for the purposes of construction and renovation to buildings and utilities on university properties.
- Manage a complete library of architectural flat files and O&M information books for the entire university properties.
- Maintain and archive survey information for university properties.