Skip to Content

Fleet Vehicle Information

Purchasing a Vehicle

Procedures for operating a vehicle including purchasing a vehicle, mileage logs, and accident reporting are contained in UPPS 05.05.03. Fleet Management Plan.

Vehicle Purchase/Replacement Request form (Attachment I in Fleet Management Plan). Submit signed form to the Fleet Manager at for processing.


Driving a University Vehicle

All personnel who drive University Vehicles are required to have a drivers license check prior to driving. We have the ability to check Driver Records over the internet. Policies concerning driving a University Vehicle are outlined in UPPS 05.05.02, Driver Selection.

Driver Approval Request Form


Fleet Gas Cards

Facilities Management oversees the State Gas Card program at Texas State-University. Personnel using state gas cards must have a PIN loaded in the Fleet Gas Card system. The standard PIN for gas card users is their Texas State ID number (PLID). If you need to have a PIN loaded please E-mail Lindsey Sinner at You will need to provide the person’s name, PLID #, and department.


Fleet Fuel Report

Fuel expenses are available by report.  The report will print transactions for your Vehicle Fuel Work Order for a given date range (The date range is normally 30 days starting the 24th of one month to the 24th of the next month).  You must log in to AiM to run this report. (AiM log in page)


  • From AiM Work Desk, Click Work Management under Menu
  • From Work Management, Click Work Order under Menu.
  • Click 192-WO/PHASE FUEL TRANS V report under Report Listing.

At the Report Window:

  • Enter your Fuel work order
  • Enter Start Date (i.e. 10/24/2015)
  • Enter End Date (i.e. 11/24/2015)

Then Click OK.  The Report will be displayed in PDF format, you may choose to print it or save it.


Accident Procedures

Note: An accident occurs any time a vehicle strikes another vehicle, a fixed object, or a pedestrian, regardless of the extent of the damage or injury. ALL accidents MUST be reported to UPD and/or local police.

  1. Stop immediately and determine damage
  2. If possible, avoid obstructing traffic
  3. Render aid to the injured. In case of emergency, dial 911.
  4. Report the accident:
    1. If the accident occurs on campus property, contact Texas State University Police Department at (512) 245-2805 (dispatch, non-emergency)
    2. If the accident occurs off-campus, contact San Marcos Police Department at (512) 753-2108 (dispatch, non-emergency)
    3. All accidents must be reported to Facilities Management at(512) 245-2518
  5. Complete Accident Report form and give to supervisor

  • Make no statement to·anyone except:
    • Police officer, and/or
    • Insurance company representative
  • Make no settlements
  • Do not argue about the accident
  • If the accident involves an unattended vehicle or fixed object, try to notify the owner; leave a note on the vehicle or object
  • Download and print the Post Accident Instructions

Other Information